Here at PR, protecting your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals as well as responsible marketing on behalf of our clients. In this privacy statement, when we use the terms “we,” “us,” or “our” we are referring to Cobb PR.
Tim Cobb Associates Ltd (“Cobb Digital”) is registered in England and Wales (Company No. 04428087) Registered office: Jolly House, 2 Langney Road, Eastbourne, BN21 3EU.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information via Google Analytics when you use the site:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephone log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google Account.
Data capture forms
We have a number of contact forms on our site. These are short forms that allow us to contact you regarding a service or software that you have enquired about. We will never contact you for any other reason unless you opted-in to further communications from us.
We usually ask for the following:
- Name (so we know what to call you)
- Phone number (so we can call you back, as requested)
- Email address (so we can contact you if we can’t reach you through the phone number)
- Company name (so we know what sector you work in – this gives us a bit of an insight into what we can do for you).
What we do with the information we collect
- Improve our website or services
- To get in contact with you regarding a service or software that you have enquired about
We will never sell your data to anyone else and we aim to be completely transparent with you on how we might use your data.
We work with a number of third-party software suppliers that provide us with facilities to store and process data. This third-party software also allows us to complete marketing tasks like email marketing and automations.
All the third parties software providers we use are UK based and are penetration tested and Cyber Essential Plus rated. We are extremely sensitive with the data that we share with these third parties, which means that your data is always secure and we never share more than is necessary.
We chose our third-party software providers carefully and only work with providers who take privacy and security very seriously. Depending on the use we have for your data, we store it safely in either Instiller or Dropbox. If you want to know more about these secure cloud-based services specifically, we’ve linked through to their privacy policies for further reading.
We will keep the information that you provide for up to 4 years or until requested that we delete it by you (the user) or until we don’t feel necessary to keep. We may use the information to improve our products and services or inform our marketing strategy.
If you sign up to receive emails from us through our website, we will use the information you have given us to provide the service(s) and/or information you have requested. We use personal data (such as email addresses) to market and promote our services as well as sharing our blogs and guides. We may occasionally contact our subscribers to help us evaluate and improve the service we have to offer. In every single email we send, we include a clear unsubscribe link so you can opt-out of our email marketing at any time.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulations; we have a number of lawful reasons that we can process your personal data, this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When we process your personal data under legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under any data protection laws. Our legitimate interests do not override your interests and we will not use your personal data for processing where our interests are overridden by the impact on you. For example, if we have an existing relationship with you, we might email you about a promotion or service that you might find interesting or could help to benefit your business. Because we want you to have control over what you might receive from us, you can express the right to not receive these at any time and we always include a clear unsubscribe link in the footer of all emails. If you chose to opt-out, we will add you to a suppression list immediately and you will not receive any further emails from us.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is simply a small text file. It isn’t a program and doesn’t actively do anything on your computer. They help to tailor information and marketing messages that best suit you (based on your browsing history). Cookies do not harm your computer. For detailed information on cookies, and how to manage them, take a look at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Remarketing – we use these cookies to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited our site, as they browse other websites. We also use these cookies to generate profile information in order to allow us to market to people with similar profiles. Remarketing services we use include both Google and Facebook. We recommend that you allow cookies so your experience isn’t hindered, as they allow our site to operate to its potential. However, you can choose to opt-out of receiving our cookies at any time. Do bear in mind that your experience may not be as smooth as some of our functionality depends on them.
Access and accuracy
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. Whilst there are special measurements put in place to keep your personal data secure, please note that it is impossible for us to guarantee that impenetrable security measures are in place.
Here at Cobb PR, we are committed to ensuring data we hold is accurate. Under the privacy shield you have a right to access, correct or delete your personal information. If your data is inaccurate or you would like it updated, deleted or corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality and security
We are aware of the importance of the data we collect from you. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put technical and operational process in place to ensure your data is kept safe. We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary, for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with the services you have enquired about.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share the personal data unless and to the extent that:
- We outsource any aspect of our marketing or application process;
we are under a duty to disclose or share that information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our organisation, our customers, or others.
Changes to our privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time, and such changes may take immediate effect. Any changes we may make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, complaints, comments or requests are all welcomed and should be addressed to:
Email – email@example.com
Address – Cobb PR, Jolly House, 2 Langney Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3EU.
Phone number – 01323 416999